Tuesday 12 April 2011

Evaluation and filter.

In the name of Allah.

Just a short post before I retire for the night.

I know that I've posted something on 'not to be rigid' with what you read. I think I need to elaborate just a little bit more on that.

We do know that you can't simply believe and accept the things that we read or hear. Yeah, that applies here too. Just don't turn off your filter and shut down your evaluation just because the book looks good on the outside. As the cliche goes, "don't judge a book by its cover". Ask around - your naqib, friends, enemies, foes, frienemies or whatever. It takes time to build a 'good filter' as a Da'ie. But, through experience, you'll learn it sooner or later. On my part, I still have a lot to learn. So, I don't simply recommend a book until I'm done reading it.

On a different context, I'm losing my sensitivity these few days because I have been ignoring the need of evaluating other people's feelings. I didn't know that being rational can be this troublesome. -.- Or maybe I'm taking the wrong side of things.

This is definitely another tarbiyyah from Him. O' Lord, please guide me. Amiin.

No comments:

Post a Comment