Tuesday 15 February 2011

Born as ambassadors, we are.

In the name of Allah.

I just like the idea of us being ambassadors. Which country are we representing? Malaysia? Yes? No? How about Melayu? Katanya, "takkan hilang melayu di dunia" kan? How about our sponsoring bodies? They send us to study for a reason. Well, questions are not meant to be left as questions.

I want to say that I'm a proud ambassador of Malaysia, but hmm........ let me check the 'History' section of my brain. Ahuh! 16th September 1963, that is how far I can go with it. Let's try looking for Tanah Melayu. Urgh, I'm not good with dates. I'm confident that it's just a few hundred years back. Melayu pulak, I could track back down to Parameswara, the founder of Majapahit empire. And he was not even from 'our' tanah, he's from Java. -.-' I don't even know if I can call myself melayu. Right, I might fit the definition in our Perlembagaan. But, my great grandfather was from Sri Lanka. >.< I bet there are lots of others who are note pure breed. So, who are we?

Melayu or melayu(verb) ?? xD

Hmm.. I want to call myself the ambassador of Islam. Wait a minute?? Islam?? *scanning through my brain* Wooooaaahh! That's like waaaayyyy back - since the creation of Adam a.s.! You might say this, "I thought Islam started only after the Prophet-hood of our beloved Muhammad s.a.w." Well, there is a misconception in the meaning of the word 'Islam'. Sure, we were taught back in our school days that it came from the word 'salam' which means peace. The actual meaning of Islam is total submission to God. So yeah, it was dated back to the creation of mankind - when the Angels were instructed by Allah, to prostrate before Adam a.s., which is quite an interesting scene described in the Holy Quran. I think I should write on that too. Later though.

"And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, 'Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority(caliph)'. They said, 'Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?' Allah said, 'Indeed, I know that which you do not know'."  Al-Baqarah [2:30]

Before I go on with my blabbering, when the Angels described us as corrupted, Allah said that He knows what the Angels don't know. Meaning to say that, we are more than that! We are destined for greatness and that is His words. Huh, so if any of you ever thought that you are incapable of being the caliph on this Earth, think again. You don't want to show defiance to the divine words of Allah.

We have finally found the answer, no? Now, we know that we're ambassadors of His Deen, what should we do? What does it mean? Dakwah. Yes, that is the duty of a caliph. People around us will look at what we do, how we talk, walk, everything! The spotlight is on us. Show the qudwah of muslim to everyone - the believers and non-believers. This is our chance!

Sadly, the reality is, muslims nowadays are not aware of that. They act recklessly. I like this saying in malay, 'Ikut hati, mati. Ikut rasa, binasa. Ikut nafsu, lesu. Ikut iman, aman." Ok, I added my own words to the last bit but it fits well, isn't it? That is why we have Islamophohia around, labelled as terrorists where ever we go. That is not how things should be. There are no others to blame but us. *pointing at chest* What is in there is not pure. T.T Why? Allah, the almighty had given us the answer.

"And do not mix the truth with falsehood or conceal the truth while you know [it].Al-Baqarah [2:43]

Mixing the truth with falsehood does not only mean in our words - also in our actions. The actions that will bring us back to Jannah, our rightful place. This is a good muhasabah to all of us, including me - how many of our deeds and actions over the years brought us closer to Jannah? How sure are we that the good deeds we have done, Allah will accept them? All this while Allah has mentioned not to conceal the truth - to do dakwah, the greatest sunnah of our Prophet s.aw., using his ways. Are we even close to that?

Let us have a silent moment and istighfar.

Remember that Allah is always by your side, especially if you are helping His Deen. So, come my muslim brethren! Let's do dakwah together!

Allahu akbar!

After all, we are born as muslim embassadors. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment