Friday 18 February 2011

Into the light and beyond.

In the name of Allah.


The other day when I had my personal tutorial, Prof W mentioned about one of the hottest discoveries at present in neuroscience. It is about channel proteins which are photo-sensitive and involved in eukaryotic phototaxis response. Yeah, but I'm not going to write anything about it - just about the phototaxis part.

Euglena - Subhanallah!
So, to name a few, Tetrahymena and Euglena have positive phototactic response. In other words, when the bacteria sense even a bit of illumination, it'll move towards it. Now, let's see ourselves as the bacteria and Islam as light. What will we do? If you ask me this question about a year ago, I might answer, "negative phototactic response".

 "And indeed, every time I (Nuh a.s.) invited them that You may forgive them, they put their fingers in their ears, covered themselves with their garments, persisted, and were arrogant with [great] arrogance." Nuh [71:7]

Who said the Holy Quran is outdated? I might not be doing what were described per se, but refusing or avoiding invitations to kuliahs, halaqah or anything along that line because of studies or homework? Pfft, AS IF, I'm going to fully utilise the time to do my work. What will I answer to the Lord when He asks me on the Day of Judgement? "What have you done with your time when you refused to go to usrah?" I know what my answer would be, "I studied for the betterment of the ummah." Ah, that's going to be a great answer until I read this verse in the Holy Quran:

"That Day, We will seal over their mouths, and their hands will speak to Us, and their feet will testify about what they used to earn." Yaasin [36:65]

I have a feeling that Facebook is going to speak on my behalf as well. Scary? But nothing is scarier than this for Allah's judgment is the ultimate.

"Because of their sins they were drowned and put into the Fire, and they found not for themselves besides Allah [any] helpers." Nuh [71:25]

Do not be demotivated though. There are no helpers except Allah. And for those who claim themselves as Da'ie, and yes, that includes me, stop complaining and start working harder! I know Allah is the only authority that could give hidayah. But, our work is nothing compared to the Prophets. Take Nuh a.s. as an example - 950 years of dakwah and only 80 followed him! So, who are we to complain? Ouch, right back at me. T.T

There's this quote that I learnt from my Principal back in high school, "I will never complain". That's the spirit of a true Da'ie - I don't think I fit to be called this. Alas, life goes on. Whether we like it or not, we still have to do dakwah, no?
Let's pray for His hidayah :)
 Don't you just love getting a wakeup call - from a bacteria, no less? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment