Wednesday 2 March 2011

Interfaith interface?

In the name of Allah.

Lecture Hall, Friday 1.00pm

F : Are you staying for the seminar?
M : Nah, I need to go for the Friday prayer.
F : That's very pious of you.
M : It's my obligation.

Lecture Hall, Friday 2.00pm

F : How did the sermon go?
M : It was great! Quite revitalising especially when you sat there with others just like you.
F : *sigh* I wish I had the same thing with Catholic.
M : I thought you go to the church on Sundays to attend to the sermon as well?
F : Well, it's more of a tradition. Nothing spiritual about it. I just feel that sometimes God's there and some other times, He doesn't exist.

This incident made me realise how lucky I am born as a muslim. When my iman fluctuates, I still know, deep down, Allah is always there.

On another occasion :

ML : Are you going to the Science Talk tomorrow?
M: When's that?
ML: It's at 12pm.
M: Ahh, I'm booked for tomorrow, I'm afraid.
ML: I see. I have a gathering with my Catholic Society tomorrow. But, I'm definitely not going. Science is the thing for me.

If I have to choose between my studies and religion, I would refer to this verse in the Noble Quran:

"And believe in what I have sent down confirming that which is [already] with you, and be not the first to disbelieve in it. And do not exchange My signs for a small price, and fear [only] Me." Al-Baqarah [2:41]

Which one will you choose? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment