Saturday 5 March 2011

Staying positive.

In the name of Allah.

The Friday khutbah at Imperial College on Ka'ab bin Malik and his non-participation in the battle of Tabuk teaches me not to procrastinate especially in the work that relates to our Syahadatul Haq. Slowly, all of us will be able to not do things at the eleventh hour. Just don't give up. In case you're wondering what happened, you can just google it since I'm not good at writing narratives. :)

But then, there is something else that I just realised. There has been a series of tests in my life, just like what Ka'ab had experienced. In fact, it's happening again. To most of you, the statement I made might be vague. But to certain people who I regard them as my best friends, they would understand. It was not until recently that I revealed the stories to them.

Well, like I said, 'I regard them as best friends', but from my past experience I might just be treated like Ka'ab bin Malik. 'Might' being the operative word. For his story, there was a glad tiding in the end:

"And [He also forgave] the three who were left behind [and regretted their error] to the point that the earth closed in on them in spite of its vastness and their souls confined them and they were certain that there is no refuge from Allah except in Him. Then He turned to them so they could repent. Indeed, Allah is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful." At-Taubah [9:118]

I hope that it will be the same to all of us inshAllah. I'm beginning to accept the fact that it's a kifarah for my sins. Alhamdulillah for Allah has given me the chance to repent.

"O' Allah, indeed we have believed, so forgive us our sins and protect us from the Fire." [3:16]
Let's all pray that He will always test us with great tribulations so that, we can be closer to him and of course, a step closer to Jannah each time. Amiin.

No comments:

Post a Comment