Monday 7 March 2011

A third of the sweetness.

In the name of Allah.

On the authority of Anas ibn Malik (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Prophet (may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “There are three qualities whosoever has them, may taste the sweetness of Faith: firstly one who loves Allah and His Messenger (may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) above all else; secondly one who loves someone simply for the sake of Allah, and thirdly, one who loathes return to disbelief, after Allah has rescued him from it, as he would loath being thrown into the Fire.” [Bukhari and Muslim]

All I can say is, I'm still too far away from attaining halawatul iman. In fact, I'm not even sure if I'm on the path which brings me closer to it. But, I'm not going to let the uncertainties bring my spirit down.
For the past week, a lot had been learnt. Even the littlest of signs taught me a valuable message. The second criterion mentioned in the hadith somewhat summarises the whole thing.
So, what I'm going to do now, is to give my best to everyone despite the way they have/had/will treat(ed) me. That's the spirit! ;)
All that is sweet.
And sometimes, the simplest of words like, "Are you okay?" makes your heart smile. They may not be as great as the men around the Prophet s.a.w.. But they do make great companions in this righteous path.
Thank you Allah.

1 comment: